Monday, July 13, 2009

NYC in Thailand





So I finally decided what Thailand reminds me of...well, at least Bangkok does anyway...New York City! It just dawned on me today...there are so many similarities...faster pace of life, crowded streets, tons of taxis, lots of people everywhere, subways, and people from a variety of different countries...Just today I met people from Germany, China, Hong Kong, England, Sweden, Italy, and of course Thailand :) It's crazy...but that is one nice thing about being in a tourist-packed place!



So I have to catch you all up on the last few days...I got to spend some time with the kids at the children's home that Terra works with during my last few days in Mae Ton...we got to share a little devotional with them one night and play games, then did another game time on Saturday morning (we also taught them a dance...that was really fun!). Then sunday we got to help teach sunday school and spend some more time with the kids before heading out...so that was a lot of fun! The kids were so much fun!




We also got to visit another place where a bunch of the kids from Agape are living on our way back to Mae Sot, which was awesome because I really wanted to see as many of the kids as possible! There were about five girls there and three of the boys...they have all gotten so big and it was so great to hang out with them for a little while before going back to Mae Sot.

So we had dinner at a Thai BBQ where you cook your own food so that was quite an experience....it was awesome too because it was all locals (aside from us that is!)...I always like avoiding the tourist attractions if I can help it!




Anyway, I took the night bus from Mae Sot and then spent my last day in Bangkok! It was a very long, but fun day! I went to the Grand Palace, the Wat Pho (one of the temples...beautiful not really my thing to go look at a ton of statues of Buddha), and the MBK (probably the biggest mall in Thailand)! It was all very fun but exhausting! I also got to meet up with one of the girls from Agape who now lives in Bangkok! She is 17 so she has been working here...We met up for dinner and I got to take her to the Siam Center...she had her first experience on an elevator...it was so cute! She told me she was a little bit scared and was holding onto my arm...what a cutie pie!



So, I've been awake since my bus arrived this morning at 4:30 am and I've now officially been awake for over 21 hours so I think it's time to check out....I'll be off on my plane tomorrow and hopefully sleeping the whole way home! :) Goodbye Thailand...I'll see ya when God brings me back here again!



No comments: