Thursday, October 1, 2009

discovering our purpose

One of the big things we have been studying this week is purpose. Sometimes it's a little intimidating to ask those big questions.... what is my purpose in life?...where am I now, how did I get here, and where am I going?...these are some of the things we've been discussing...For the most part, feel like I have a pretty good understanding of God's purpose for my life...at least for the season I am in right now...But it's good to be challenged and forced to answer the hard questions...Because if we don't understand our purpose we will just "float through life" (no pun intended :) without any direction....and I definitely want to live up to all the potential God has for me! So, it was great to spend some time this week discussing purpose and studying how we can use our gifts and strengths to be most effective in the kingdom of God!


I was reminded this week of old song that says:

"Could it be that He is only waiting here to see if I will learn to love the dreams that He has dreamed for me

Can't imagine what the future holds, but I've already made my choice. And this is where I'll stand until He moves me on and I will listen to His voice"


God never ceases to amaze me at how He is so good at orchestrating all the events in our lives...He is aware of everything that we need and has such a perfect plan for each of us if we will just be willing and obedient in following Him...I can't say that I have always been obedient, but He has still been so faithful and hasn't given up on me....He never lets go of us and the dreams he has for us...Lord, let us learn to dream those same dreams that You have for us!



No comments: