Friday, October 30, 2009

More fun & work


Well, this has been another great work week...we were able to finish with the foundation of the dining room and started putting up the walls...Sharon and I had fun with that part! I really love our team...everyone works so hard and works so well together! There has been a good balance between doing the hard labor, visiting patients with medical needs that we have been able to treat, and spending time with various families...we also had a soccer game on friday with some of the domincan guys...wanna guess who won that one...ya, we ended up buying them all sodas afterwards...


As much as I have loved pouring cement and laying bricks (one of the guys told me I was in my element doing that ha ha), I love spending time with the people the most....We have been able to get to know some of the families more this week...Ezekiel's mom asked me and a few others to come over for lunch on Friday...this was a special treat for us...We were able to give them some rice and sodas to help out with the meal and also printed some pictures we had taken of their family. These are all the kids....they are all such beautiful children.



A few of our work team after a long day


This weekend, I get to visit my friend Julia out in Santiago and spend time with her and some of her young life kids....I'm excited to catch up with her! I met her 2 years ago when I came to the DR with our high school kids from Scottsdale Bible....After this weekend, we'll just have a few days left in the DR...but I'm excited to see everyone back home...I'll post some more pics when I get back! Keep us in your prayers!

No comments: