Thursday, July 2, 2009

Return to Thailand

So it's obviously been awhile since I've written on my blog...I haven't been on any international trips aside from Mexico in the last year, but an opportunity to return to Thailand came up so I decided to finally pick back up on my blog. I wasn't planning on going anywhere out of the country this summer but about two months ago, I was talking to my friend Andrea who taught English with me last year in Thailand. She mentioned that she wanted to go back to Thailand this summer and told me the dates she was planning her trip. I had hoped it would work out for me to go, but wasn't sure if it would really happen...But I thought I'd ask off work during those dates just in case. So, I saved up some money but kept debating whether or not I should go because of some other things that were going on. About two weeks ago, I got my schedule from work and saw that they'd given me the full two weeks off! So, I checked the prices for tickets to Thailand but they were significantly more than the last time I had flown to Thailand and I hadn't planned on paying so much. So I was really dreading telling Andrea that I couldn't come...I put it off for awhile because I knew she really wanted me to go. Finally, about a week later (exactly one week before the day my planned departure date) I got online and was about to email her that I couldn't come. But, there was something inside me that felt like I should go. So I told God, "Ok, here's the deal...If I can get a ticket under $800, then I'm going." I don't suggest playing the Make a Deal with God game, but God was gracious and heard me and the very first site I went on to check, there was a ticket for $798 (including tax)...I just laughed and was like "Wow, God...Two bucks under...you do have a sense of humor." It was crazy to me that I found one for that price because it had dropped about $400 in a matter of a few days. So, I bought the ticket a week before my flight left and now I'm off to Thailand. I decided to post about my trip on my blog even though it's not exactly a missions trip...The last time I came to Thailand, I cam so I could help with a medical clinic and teach English with my friend Andrea and help at the children's home where she was working....This time we don't have much of an agenda aside from going back to see the kids that we worked with and visit our friend Terra who is now married to a Thai man named Teep (Terra is from California and also worked at the Agape Children's Home). So, we're hoping to spend some time with the kids, see the teachers we taught with, and enjoy the culture of Thailand all over again...but mainly we came to have an adventure! So off I go to Thailand....you're welcome to join me for the ride! :)

No comments: