Thursday, June 3, 2010

My home in Africa

So I realize that I told several of  you that I'd post pictures of my home in Africa...and that was several months ago! It's hard to believe that the Africa Mercy has already been my home for over four months! So, I just wanted to show a few pictures so you can see a little more of what the ship looks like inside...

Here's me next to the ship on our dock..as you can see, the ship is pretty big!


Deck 7 has a beautiful view of the beach!

And Deck 7 is also where we take the patients to get some sunshine
and fresh air every afternoon


One of my favorite places on the ship:
The Starbucks Cafe



The sitting area in the cafe (Deck 5)


Midships (the hangout area on Deck 6)


The Internet Cafe (also on deck 6)


"Town Square"
To give you an idea of how it fits together, the two people in the back are standing
in front of our "ship shop" (where we can buy toiletries, snacks, and baking supplies,etc.)
The stools to the right are directly in front of starbucks..
If you take the stairs up to the right, you end up at the internet cafe
If you take the stairs to the left, you end up at all the couches and chairs in midships


Up on Deck 8, there's a couple of lounge chairs for people
who want to get some sun


The dining room (this is the area we line up for our food)


And now...pictures of my new room...I just moved from a 6-berth to a 4-berth!


My roommates' bunk area is at the front of the room
(it's pretty empty now b/c they left for summer break)



This is the view when you first come in the room
(The picture above is behind the first curtain)


My little section of the room...gotta
love the bunk beds :)

Our lovely little bathroom...this is where we take our 2 minute "ship showers"
(well, most of the time anyway...there's not actually a timer)


                   
                     The living room


Our view isn't amazing but I'm glad to
finally have a window!


I love the way the ship looks at night!

No comments: