Thursday, October 4, 2007

off to kenya

Hi guys! Well, I'm officially on my way to Kenya...well, 4 hours to go anyway, but today is the big day! I am so excited! Our trip has gotten smaller due to lots of different reasons....a lot of them have actually been health reasons...the most recent one was that one lady who was going to come with us found out that her son has a brain tumor....so, now there are actually only going to be 5 of us...me, Molly, David, Edna, and one other person I haven't met yet...but, even though I feel like there has been some spiritual warfare, I know that God definitely wants us there and I'm so excited to see all he does! There will also be 12 Kenyans there working with us, including a few Kenyan nurses, so I'm really excited for that!

Well, God always does provide for us! I have to say that I fall short in many ways...one of those is procrastination...Since this trip is a medical trip, each person is responsible for bringing their own medical supplies which we then group together and share when we get to Kenya....I had a bunch of donations from Mayo clinic that my friend had been given for medical missions and I thought I had enough...but, as I was unwrapping a lot of the supplies (the packaging usually is unnecessary and takes up a lot of extra space) and packing it all in last week, I realized that I was still in need of more supplies....so, I was praying that God would provide for me in that area....and a few days later, my friend Justin called me to tell me that he had some supplies for me! So, that was definitely a blessing! The Diabetes educator at my work also offered to give me some blood sugar check machines and supplies for that when I mentioned it to her! But, I was still in need of some more...so, I mentioned it to my boss on monday and she gave me the contact info for another lady who I had to call...So, today, the lady called me and asked me if I could pick up the supplies! There was quite a bit and once I packed it, I had just enough! So, God definitely came through for me on that! Now my prayer is that we won't have any difficulties getting through the airport with all the supplies because the bins are pretty big and all the medical supplies can sometimes cause problems...so please pray for that!

The other day I heard from my friend Marieke who lives in Holland and she is going to be able to meet up with us in Amsterdam during our debriefing there after we leave Kenya! So, I'm really excited for that! I went to NAU with her and haven't seen her for about 3 years so it will be a fun reunion!

Well, that's all for now...I'll try to write again tomorrow to let you all know that I made it there safely! I love you all and appreciate your prayers!

No comments: