Friday, October 12, 2007

here in kenya

Hey guys! Well, i got a chance to use a computer so I was excited to let you guys know how things are going! We just got back from the bush...and it literally is the bush...we were out in the middle of nowhere for a week...it was kinda fun...we got to camp the whole time...and we were kinda roughing it but it was a fun experience...there is nothing out there...mud huts that are spaced out...I got to go in a few of the huts..they're so small...no running water...no air conditioning...makes me thankful for what I have! There is one school building out there....we set up our tents next to that and did the clinics in the school building...we were working among the Massai African people...they are really like the ancient Africans...so distant from society as we know it....It was funny because when we first got to Nairobi, I was like What? This is Africa? It's such a huge city and not at all what I expected of Kenya...but, once I got out there with the Massai, I really felt like I was in Africa We saw gazelles on the way out there too.. thankfully no snakes yet! The clinics went really well and lots of people came...some walked all day to come to the clinic...it was really awesome to be able to meet people from all over...One man prayed to receive Christ which was awesome and we were able to pray for many others which was really neat...

Anyway, I have so many stories and so much to write, but we only have a couple of minutes to use the internet.....they're closing at the school where they let us use the computers...besides the fact that we still have to go back to the Bible school in Sultan Hamad where we'll be staying this weekend and take showers...5 days without a shower out in the bush! Man, that's a record! I feel pretty gross right now, but I know we all do, so at least I'm not the only one :) It was totally worth every bit of dirt and sweat to be able to be there with the Massai people!
well tomorrow we are going on our safari! I"m so excited to see all the animals! Keep us in your prayers! God has definitely protected us! The only injury was me stepping on a thorny stick and having it cut through my shoe and into my foot....but it was minor....I'm fine now....God has been good to us and I am loving it here! I love and miss you all! Keep on praying!

No comments: