Thursday, October 4, 2007

Almost there!

Well, we made it to Amsterdam! I am at the airport right now waiting for my flight...we have a couple hours for our layover here... I haven't adjusted to the time change yet...we arrived around 10pm Phoenix time, but it's really 6am here....so, I'm definitely having some jet lag already...the flight went well though...

We had an interesting time getting our medical supplies checked in Phoenix... all but one of our bags was too heavy so we had to rearrange a bunch of things but we ended up only having to take out a few small things...the people were really nice and patient with us and we got to talk to a lot of people on our flight about the trip...they were all very curious about our huge bins of medical supplies! So, thanks so much for your prayers for that! We were so caught up in getting all the bags readjusted to 50 pounds each that they didn't say anything about our bins being 10 inches too big (I had measured them in advance and was a little worried about that)...

So, God is good and has taken care of us and I know He'll continue to do so! Molly and I were excited to meet up with the other 3 on our team too! The leader (Edna) and her boyfriend definitely have a great sense of humor...they kept taking advantage of the fact that Molly and I are gullable and telling us about what to expect in Kenya...we were having lunch at the Detroit airport and Edna asked me if I had found a good tent...I didn't know what to say...what? a tent? I was like "Edna, are you serious? You never said anything about bringing a tent!"....you have to know that Edna has been forgetful in the past...so, I was like "What in the world are we going to do?"...Molly and I were like "What do we do?"...then we realized it was a mean trick and Edna had actually brought a tent for us...so, now we're more on guard for the jokes...they are gonna be a fun group though...I can already tell...

Well, please continue to pray for the trip...for health, protection, and that all our luggage would make it without problems! Pray for the hearts of the people to be open as well!

I love you all and appreciate your prayers! I probably won't have internet access in Kenya, but I'll update you all again as soon as I get a chance! Asante sana!

1 comment:

Lady W. said...

Becca--I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for your trip. I'm excited to read your stories--I was there a few years ago. Be safe!

Jenny Williams